There are several factors that have contributed to the strong in-migration of people, jobs, and companies into Texas:
1. Strong and diverse economy: Texas has a strong and diverse economy, with a range of industries including energy, technology, healthcare, and financial services. This creates job opportunities and attracts people to the state.
2. Affordable cost of living: Texas has a relatively low cost of living compared to other parts of the country, which makes it an attractive place to live for people on a budget.
3. Favorable business climate: Texas has a pro-business climate, with relatively low taxes and regulations. This can make it easier and more attractive for businesses to locate in the state.
4. Quality of life: Texas has a good quality of life, with a warm climate, diverse cultural attractions, and a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities.
5. Geographical location: Texas is centrally located in the United States and has good transportation infrastructure, making it easier for businesses to access markets and for people to travel to and from the state.
Overall, the strong in-migration of people, jobs, and companies into Texas is driven by a combination of strong economic and job growth, a favorable business climate, an affordable cost of living, and a good quality of life.